in response to a post I read today (Dump him, he’s a Loser!), here are a few tips from my new favourite book.
It is impossible to love the right type – they will inevitably become the opposite. The more fabulous you are the harder it is to find someone who can compete. Not to worry, you can meet them halfway. Once you have paired off you need to run a few essential preliminary tests before you can start day dreaming or even thinking of presenting him to the parents and booking the wedding venue:
– does he make you laugh?
– does he listen and respect you?
– who does he like more: you or the people you know (beware of the address book digger)?
– does he have ambition or a job?
If he passes all of these to your satisfaction you move to phase 2:
– does he love fashion? does he want to work in it?
– does he take longer than you to get ready?
– does he express too much of his feminine side (yes all that jewlery might be a sign, and if he plucks his eye brows run, run very far)?
– does he dye/bleach/perm his hair?
– does he have a more extensive beauty regime than you?
If there is a YES to more than 3 of the above questions, chances are that he could be gay (yes as taboo as it might be in the Middle East…..there are plenty of Arab gays out there). You might want to know this fact and check with him sooner rather than later. But remember there is nothing more fabulous as an accessory or a girl’s best friend than a stylish gay man, but he is not going to be marriage material (and don’t waste your time trying to un-gay him) even if sadely they tend to be more faithful, more amusing and generally far more creative than the straight ones.
So before you start shopping for furniture together, check:
– are they truly single? Wife? Girlfriend(s)?Skeletons?
– do they have children? pets? plants?
– do they have a criminal record or a football season ticket, and to which team?